Perspectives from Emerging Indigenous Leaders on the Arctic Policy Framework
Date: Thursday, March 1, 2018
Time: 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Location: Great Hall – Legislative Assembly of the Northwest Territories
Dene Nahjo and the Institute of Public Administration of Canada (IPAC) – NWT Region are proud to present a FREE event: ‘We Are One Mind – Perspectives from Emerging Indigenous Leaders on the Arctic Policy Framework.’
We Are One Mind addresses a way forward for Canada’s Arctic Policy Framework by stating:
- Northern people and its communities need to be at the heart of any new framework;
- Social innovation, research and policy development must be led by northerners;
- Land, culture, arts and language are vital for healthy communities and economies;
- Indigenous self-determination is required for a mutually beneficial relationship between the North and South.
- Deneze Nakehk’o: founding member of Dene Nahjo
- Mandee McDonald: founding member and Managing Director of Dene Nahjo
Available online through Dene Nahjo: We Are One Mind – Perspectives from Emerging Indigenous Leaders on the Arctic Policy Framework
Price: This event is FREE for members and non-members alike! All individuals with an interest in arctic policy or the public service are welcome to attend.
Become a member of IPAC today! Already a member? Please consider inviting a friend.
Social Media: Stay connected with IPAC-NWT – Like us on our Facebook Page. We also invite our audience to join the conversation on Twitter. Follow us at @IPAC_NWT and use the hashtag #IPACNWT to join in the conversation.